Harm Reduction Michigan is a health equity organization based in Michigan.
Our commitment is to be in community with people most impacted by the collateral consequences of addiction and drug use.
Our charge involves re-framing and changing the field of drug treatment and mental health and related social services to address stigma driven trauma and its effects.
Harm Reduction Michigan’s mission is to decrease substance use-related harms in Michigan, in a respectful manner in collaboration with people who use drugs and alcohol.
We are dedicated to improving our community’s health and well-being by supporting people in abstinence, moderation and safer use.
We believe in any positive change!
1. Providing organizational and professional training and consultation, on such topics as:
- Harm Reduction (introductory and advanced)
- Syringe access and disposal
- Injection drug use for non-IDUs
- Opioid overdose recognition and response
- Incorporating overdose into substance use disorder treatment
- Prescription medicines and harm reduction
- Emerging trends in substance use and new psychoactive substances
2. Providing free harm reduction-based services at our drop-in, for example:
- Overdose prevention and naloxone
- Substance use management and safer substance use
- HIV, viral hepatitis and bacterial infection prevention
- Assisted referral to substance use disorder treatment
3. Encouraging and engaging in a public conversation about evolving practices and creative strategies to minimize drug related harm.
Harm Reduction Michigan overdose prevention and response traininG
Open to any community member who might be in a position to save someone’s life during an overdose
Do you know that drug overdoses kill more people than car crashes?
Do you know someone who might be at risk for an overdose?
Join us and learn to save a life!
Harm Reduction Michigan is offering free training to recognize an opioid overdose and respond to an overdose emergency.
Training also includes a free overdose rescue kit, including naloxone.
Naloxone is an antidote to opioid (prescription pain relievers or heroin) overdoses.
The training is free and overdose rescue kit is free!
You are welcome to bring a tax-deductible donation made out to Harm Reduction Michigan.
Our trainings are the last Tuesday of each month unless noted
Location: Thirlby Room @ Traverse City Library 610 Woodmere Ave, Traverse City, MI 49686
Harm Reduction Michigan
~ LOCATIONS ~
501 West Front Street
Traverse City MI 49684
Office hours (winter 2018): M-F 11A-2P
~ AND ~
1053 US-31 Suite 3
Petoskey, MI 49770
Office hours (winter 2018): Mon & Thurs- 5P-8P